Call for Submissions
Submission deadline extended! Monday May 28, 2018 at 5:00pm EST.
Thank you for your interest in presenting at the 2019 OLA Super Conference! The event will be held in Toronto from Wednesday January 30 to Friday February 1, with a library trustee post-conference on Saturday February 2, 2019. Proposals will be accepted until May 28, 2018.
We hope you’ll join us as we explore this year’s theme:
Conference Theme: Powered By The People
- Makes sure the title and description accurately reflect your session content. Both your title and description will be published in the online program and in the conference app. When considering a title, keep in mind that it should be able to stand alone and clearly convey what your presentation will cover.
- Ensure that your description reflects three learning objectives so that the right people are encouraged to participate in your session.
- In designing your session, we encourage you to include opportunities for interaction amongst participants so that they can take advantage of the knowledge of their peers.
- Click here to view a list of topics that we are interested in programming this year.
This call is open to sessions in lecture, panel, and workshop formats. We are especially interested in sessions that:
- Allow opportunities for interactions among attendees
- Include the perspectives of multiple library sectors
- Provide tools and templates that attendees can take-away and adapt to their library’s needs.
We are also interested in exploring non-traditional session formats, so don’t hesitate to submit presentation proposals that fall outside of the conference standard.
Speakers will have access to a standard AV setup and participants will be seated either in rounds (for sessions where tables are required) or in theatre seating.
|Call for Submissions Deadline||May 28, 2018|
|Acceptance Notifications||July 27, 2018|
|Rejection Notifications||July 27, 2018|
|Final Session Details and
AV Requirements Confirmed
|September 10, 2018|
|Completed Speaker Registration Form||December 21, 2018|
|Super Conference||January 30 – February 2, 2018|
Poster sessions are a great way to share your ideas and research relating to your specific programs and projects.
The Poster Submission call will open August 29, 2018. Poster Submission deadline is October 30. 2018, 12:00pm EST.
Poster sessions fall into the following categories:
- Innovative service/program
- Curriculum collaboration
- Analysis and outcome of a problem-solving effort
- Event, activity, campaign, or production
- Research study