In 2015, the Grey Highlands Public Library embarked on an exciting cultural project that resulted in the creation of a new local TV channel! The initiative was made possible through funding from the Ontario Trillium Foundation, and through collaborative partnerships with the local museum, municipality, cable television provider, and other community organizations. From concept to launch, this presentation will explore the many aspects of this innovative and courageous project that brings community and culture together. Topics will include funding, equipment, training the public, channel content, and community engagement and involvement. Join us as we cover the successes, the challenges, and the future of this project.
– Planning, funding, and starting a library/cultural channel
– Developing collaborative partnerships with local cable provider and other community partners.
– Development of video and poster content for the channel and YouTube.
– Equipment, tools, and training.
– Strategies for community engagement and involvement, and challenges.
– That libraries have opportunity to play leadership/facilitator role in helping to promote culture in the community.