In late 2017 the Saskatoon Public Library (SPL) updated their old Intranet, which consisted of 2001 Sharepoint technology, to a cloud-based, state of the art Intranet. SPL employees took a vote and dubbed the new site: SPLConnect.
SPLConnect was a huge success and saw over 80 percent engagement rate following its launch.
This session speaks about the successes and lessons of planning, building and introducing a new technology in the workplace.
The suggested session will be a panel discussion including a representative from the software company Igloo, which specializes in digital workspaces, and members of the project implementation team.
The panel is prepared to focus on any or all of the following subtopics from the driving need for digital workspaces to guidance on building, launching and managing the online community:
* The need for digital workplaces and online access to corporate knowledge
* The need for online sharing and collaboration among employees
* The need for preservation of corporate knowledge
* Tips on planning for a new Intranet (budgeting, RFPs, what technologies/features to look for, etc.)
* How to engage employees in building the infrastructure of their digital workspace during the planning process
* What to consider leading up to and including the launch
* Tips for ensuring a high engagement rate (communicating the new Intranet, training on the new Intranet)
* How to measure and monitor success (follow-up surveys, user analytics, etc.)
* In addition to what worked”, what “didn’t work” in the launch of a new digital workspace