Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register?
- Registration will open on December 1, 2020. You will be able to find the link for this on the homepage of this site.
Are the sessions taking place live?
- There will be a variety of live and pre-recorded sessions at the conference this year, but all sessions will be taking place at a scheduled time so that presenters can be present in the Q&A chat box and engage with attendees in real time. It is the best of both worlds!
I’m not available from February 3-6. Will the conference sessions be available to watch after the conference is over?
- All registrants will have access to the conference for six months after the event ends – so this could be your very own personal professional development resource until September 2021!
Will there be an EXPO?
- Yes! There will be a virtual expo where you will be able to see demonstrations, pick up information, and catch up with your favourite vendor reps.
Does the conference have an app this year?
- The conference does not have an app this year, but the conference is entirely online and the website is mobile-responsive. If you would like an app-like experience, you are welcome to add the event website to your mobile device’s home screen.
How many sessions will be taking place at the conference this year?
- This year’s conference includes over 100 sessions, plus spotlights, keynotes, exhibitors, social events, and more.
Will there be social events and networking opportunities taking place this year?
- Yes, absolutely! Stay tuned for more details to come.
Who should attend the virtual OLA Super Conference?
- Library workers, librarians, researchers, authors, publishers, business professionals, educators, administrators, and anyone passionate about information, books, literacy, and information. We’re made for you!
Do I need to be a member of OLA to attend?
- The OLA Super Conference is, as always, open to anyone to attend; however, one of the many benefits of being an OLA member is discounted registration to our events. To learn more about becoming a member of OLA, view [link].
Will the Public Library Awards Gala still take place?
- Sadly, we will not be hosting the Gala as no awards will be given this year.
How will you host the AGMs this year?
- We will be hosting virtual AGMs, more information to come on this.
Will there be poster sessions this year?
- We will not be hosting poster sessions this year; however, there will be lots of opportunities to engage in the event’s Live Chats. More information to come on this.
What is the Career Centre going to do this year?
- The Career Centre will still be open this year, offering Live Chat sessions as well as one-on-one opportunities for mentoring and feedback. Stay tuned for updates.
What if I miss a session?
- All sessions will be made available on-demand after they have taken place.
Will other attendees be able to see my question in the Q&A?
- Yes, the Q&A for all sessions is public. Submitted questions and answers will be visible to all participants.
When will presenters answer my questions?
- We have asked presenters to make themselves available during their time slot to answer any submitted questions. We have also asked presenters to check in to answer any questions received following their presentation time.
How can I register a group of people?
- Please follow up with Michelle Arbuckle if you would like to register your group.
In what time zone will the event be hosted?
- All sessions will be listed in Eastern Standard Time.
How will I access the event?
- All registrants will receive an email one week prior to the event with access instructions.
Will the event be interactive?
- Yes – there will be plenty of opportunity for interaction during the event. Sessions, the Expo Hall, and live / video chat sessions will encourage attendee participation and engagement. We know that our attendees always like to connect on social media using #OLASC as well, so you will be sure to see us there.
Will there be accommodations for attendees who require accessibility?
- OLA is striving to ensure that all sessions will be captioned or transcribed. For additional accessibility needs, please contact email@example.com.
Does OLA have a Code of Conduct for this event?
- Yes. OLA’s Code of Conduct can be found on our website.
Does OLA agree with everything that is presented at the conference?
- Because the OLA Super Conference serves as an open forum, opinions expressed and/or materials distributed by conference participants do not necessarily reflect, or imply advocacy or endorsement by the OLA, its board, or members.