The OLA Super Conference Career Centre strives to provide services to help you reach your professional goals. Many of these services require you to book a space prior to the conference, although there are also several opportunities for a drop-in.
These services include:
An opportunity to talk with a professional career coach. Coaching is a partnership between coach and client in a thought-provoking and creative way that inspires you to maximize your personal and professional potential. Through talking with a coach, you will discover, clarify, and align with what you want to achieve and dramatically improve your outlook on work and life.
People choose to work with a coach for many reasons, including a desire to accelerate results, a lack of clarity with choices to be made, or work and life are out of balance and creating unwanted consequences.
Spaces are limited.
Please reserve your session by e-mailing Julie Mandal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday morning 9am-1pm only.
Career Centre Mock Interviews = Real Career Help
Striving to land that all-important first job?
Been in one spot for a while and now looking to make a move?
Or maybe you’re a student, hoping to be selected for a co-op placement?
Any and all job hunters can benefit from test-driving their skills and savvy in the friendly, risk-free environment of a mock interview at the OLA 2015 Super Conference Career Centre.
After submitting a cover letter and résumé for a “mock” job in a public or academic library, you’ll be given a mock interview with experienced professionals who will provide you with immediate, helpful feedback on your performance. This is a great way to prepare for real job interviews: you’ll get a good idea of what to expect and learn how to successfully sell yourself to potential employers.
An important note: to be eligible for an interview, you must be registered for the OLA Super Conference.
1. Complete this online form by January 16th, 2015
2. You will receive a confirmation email that your request for a mock interview was received (or that your name is on a waiting list). You will receive a mock job posting at that time.
3. Please submit an up-to-date cover letter and resume/cv in response to the mock job posting by January 22nd. These will be sent to your mock interviewers.
4. You will receive a scheduled time for your mock interview after you have submitted your cover letter and resume/cv.
We attempt to accommodate everyone who wishes a mock interview however there is a limited number of times available during the conference. Please submit your documents on time.
You will forfeit your spot if these are not received by January 22nd, 2015.
Others on the waiting list will be contacted on a first come first serve basis.
Interested in getting some feedback on your resume and cover letter during the conference? Book an appointment with our experienced volunteers or drop by the Career Area Wednesday and Thursday from 9am-5pm.
SPEED NETWORKING – Thursday January 29, 2015 – 8am-9am & Friday January 30, 2015 – 8am-9am
Get a jump on the day and join us bright and early for some speed networking! New professionals and students are paired with established professionals during one of our two sessions to meet and network during 5-minute “dates”!
Anticipate lots of laughs and the chance to share about:
• What courses should I take after graduation?
• What are the top blogs to follow?
• What book(s) should I be reading?
• What’s the first thing I should do to find a position?
• How should I prepare to move into management?
• What is the best tip for balancing career, family and social lives?
• And more!
If you have questions, please contact Sarah Forbes email@example.com or Kate Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Speed Networking Events require registration.