In the spirit of reconciliation, this award is about forming relationships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous librarians.
Each year, up to three First Nation public librarians will be sponsored to attend Super Conference!
At the OLA Super Conference, the three award recipients are partnered with seasoned OLA Super Conference attendees (Spirit of Reconciliation Partners), who will ensure you get the most out of Super Conference by introducing you to a network of people. In return, the First Nations public librarian will help the Spirit of Reconciliation Partner develop a deeper understanding of Indigenous matters as they relate their Nation and professional experience.
– Not required to be a member of OLA, but all FNPLs do have access to free membership
As a condition of receiving this award, the recipient is required to:
– Attend the In-Person OLA Super Conference (February 1-3, 2023 at Metro Toronto Convention Centre). Recipient will also be given access to The Digital Experience stream.
– Attend the Indigenous Advisory Council Luncheon on Day 2 of the conference (February 2) to meet the municipal public librarian Spirit of Reconciliation Partner.
– Attend at least one conference session with your Spirit of Reconciliation Partner. Other sessions may be attended alone or with a group.
– Report on your experience at the OLA Indigenous Advisory Council meeting (virtual, date TBD).
– Apply by: December 15
– Recipients selected by: December 21
– Recipients confirm attendance by: December 31
– Recipient will be matched with their Spirit of Reconciliation Partner by: January 13