Your Virtual Career Centre
Whether you’re actively looking to take your career to the next level or want to give back and chat with someone who could use your expertise, experience and knowledge; the Career Centre is here for you.
Included with your conference registration, this is an amazing opportunity to:
- Talk one-on-one with experienced mentors about your career
- Join a group discussion to talk (or just listen) with your peers
- Browse through our curated collection of career resources
- Sign up for a Mock Interview to tweak your interview skills
- Bring your resume/cover letter to be critiqued
- Or drop in during open hours to Network! There will always be someone to chat with
Call for Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to:
- Conduct mock interviews (10:00am -12:00pm on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday February 2-4th, 2022)
- Attend & engage in our Live Chats (with members of the OLA Mentoring Committee)
- Be available for short impromptu one-on-one mentoring conversations, and/or critique cover letters and resumes (between 12:00pm – 4:00pm on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday February 2-4th, 2022)
If you are interested in volunteering at the Career Centre register here
- The 2022 Career Centre will take place as part of the OLA Virtual Super Conference on Feb 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
- Please drop in any time during our open hours.
- 10:00am – 12:00pm MOCK INTERVIEWS by appointment (coming soon)
- 12:00pm – 4:00pm – Drop-In Hours
- All conference attendees are welcome.
Sign up for the opportunity to participate in a Mock Interview with two experienced library interviewers. You will experience an interview simulating as close to a real interview as possible with some general interview questions. Once the interview is complete, the interviewers will give you feedback on your interview presentation, style and responses as well as tips and tricks to help you with any upcoming interviews.
Mock Interviews will run Wednesday – Friday February 2nd – 4th from 10:00am-12:00pm.
Space is limited so sign up now to be on the list and we will accommodate as many as we can with the volunteers we have.
Limit of 1 mock interview per person.
Join us now!
Why wait? Your OLA Mentoring Committee welcomes you to join our LinkedIn Group to start making new connections, ask questions and join the conversations!
Are you an OLA member attending Super Conference? Join the Mentoring Committee for an OnLibChat on Feb 1st to get you ready for the conference experience. Learn more and register here.
Join us for the following LIVE chats during the conference (See more details in the main conference schedule) Live chats are open to registered conference attendees only.
- Transferable Skills, Wednesday, Feb 2, 2022 11 AM – 12 PM EST
Ever ask yourself: What are transferable skills? How can I identify them? When and how can I use them? How do I know what I can call a transferable skill? Join the group discussion and bring your transferable skills questions and stories!
- New to the Field, Thursday, Feb 3, 2022 11 AM – 12 PM EST
Whether a new graduate or changing careers, we want to connect with you! Let’s chat about the library field, what to expect and discuss any questions you may have.
- Using a Mentor to Develop Your Career, Friday, Feb 4, 2022 11 AM – 12 PM EST
Discover the strength of mentor/mentee connections whether you are a student, recent grad, mid-career or experienced in your career. Join members of the OLA Mentoring Committee and past and present mentors for a conversation about mentoring.