What is it?
The Super Expo is the exhibit floor of the Super Conference. It’s your chance to interact with all of the major vendors working in the library industry. You’ll have the opportunity to sample new products, play with different technologies and learn about upcoming services and publications. This is a great chance to meet with company representatives and let them know what your library needs most.
Thursday, February 1, 2018: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday, February 2, 2018: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- 14 hours to shop and browse
- 200+ companies represented
- 600+ personnel to answer your questions
- 150+ author signings
- Plus exclusive EXPO programming
New Exhibitors are being added regularly.
Ontario Book Publishers Pavilion
25 Ontario-based Canadian-owned publishers can be found at the Ontario Indie Pavilion this year! Make sure to come by frequently to meet the dozens of authors who will be giving away and signing books throughout the conference.
Check out the Idea Hub on the EXPO floor on Thursday and Friday for exclusive programming.
10:30 am – 11:25 am
CANSCAIP – Best Bets
Hot off the press! The Canadian Society of Children’s Authors, Illustrators and Performers (CANSCAIP) proudly presents 10 Members nominated to the OLA Best Bets Lists. Join us for a lively session as some of today’s best children’s authors talk up their brand new creations.
10:30 am – 11:25 am
CANSCAIP – Forest of Reading®
Thinking about bringing an author to your school? The Canadian Society of Children’s Authors, Illustrators and Performers (CANSCAIP) proudly presents 10 Members nominated for the Forest of Reading® Awards. Join us for a lively session as some of today’s best children’s authors share a glimpse into the story behind the story.
1:00 pm – 1:55 pm
Meet the Crime Writers of Canada
The members of the Crime Writers of Canada, ranging from long-established favourites to up and coming first-timers, give you a fast-paced introduction to their newest mystery, suspense and true crime titles, and tell you why they should be in your library.
Celebrating 35 years, Crime Writers of Canada (CWC) is a national non-profit organization for Canadian mystery and crime writers, associated professionals, and others with a serious interest in Canadian crime writing. Our mission is to promote Canadian crime writing and to raise the profile of Canadian crime writers with readers, reviewers, librarians, booksellers, and media.
- Ginger Bolton, Survival of the Fritters, Kensington Publishing Corp.
- Mel Bradshaw, Winner’s Loss, Iguana Books
- Melodie Campbell, The B-Team: The Case of the Angry First Wife, Orca Books
- Sharon A. Crawford, Beyond Faith, Blue Denim Press
- Jen Danna, Before It’s Too Late, Kensington Books
- Lisa de Nikolits, No Fury Like That, Inanna Publications
- Vicki Delany, The Cat of the Baskervilles, Crooked Lane
- Barbara Fradkin, Prisoners of Hope, Dundurn Press
- R.J. Harlick, Purple Palette for Murder, Dundurn
- Madeleine Harris-Callway, 13 Claws, Carrick Publishing
- Nate Hendley, The Boy on the Bicycle: A Forgotten Case of Wrongful Conviction in Toronto, Five Rivers Publishing
- Michael Kent, Tainted Evidence, Mezzo Publications
- Hilary MacLeod, Cod Only Knows, The Acorn Press
- Mike Martin
- Lynn McPherson, The Girls’ Weekend Murder, Black Opal Books
- Rick Mofina, Last Seen, MIRA
- Jim Napier, Legacy: Sometimes Good Intentions Aren’t Enough , Friesen Press
- Ken Ogilvie, Her Dark Path, Joffe Books
- Kathy Prairie
- Ilona Salley, Yesterday is Never Gone, iuniverse
- Judy Penz Sheluk
- Ann Shortell, Celtic Knot, Friesen Press
- Caro Soles, A Friend if Mr. Nijinsky, Crossroad Press
- Jennifer Soosar, Parent Teacher Association, Black Opal Books
- Jamie Tremain
- Melissa Yi, Human Remains, Windtree Press
Author Signings are being added regularly.