What is it?
The Super Expo is the exhibit floor of the Super Conference. It’s your chance to interact with all of the major vendors working in the library industry. You’ll have the opportunity to sample new products, play with different technologies and learn about upcoming services and publications. This is a great chance to meet with company representatives and let them know what your library needs most.
Thursday, January 30, 2020: 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday, January 31, 2020: 9:30 AM – 3:00 PM
- 13 hours to shop and browse
- 200+ companies represented
- 600+ personnel to answer your questions
- 180+ author signings
- Poster Sessions
- OSLA Sandbox
- Ontario Book Publishers Pavilion
- Gadget Zone
- Style Lounge
- IdeaHUB Stage
- Plus exclusive EXPO programming
New Exhibitors are being added regularly.
Check out the IdeaHUB on the EXPO floor on Thursday and Friday for exclusive programming.
Author Signings are being added regularly.
They will be displayed from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM and presented from 12:00 noon – 2:00 PM Thursday and Friday.
Friday, 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Come play in the OSLA Sandbox with:
- Kate Wilson | “Makey Makey-ing Some Upgrades” | Talking posters! Circuit based data collection! Cooperative gaming! Come see how you can use Makey Makey and Scratch to transform projects from blah to brilliant! You’ll learn some basic coding and put your construction skills to the test. No experience needed!
- Sandra Mammone | Christiane Toaze | Cheryl Soluk | “Inspiring Future Coders Using Affordable Technology” | Interested in using coding in STEAM programs but don’t know where to start? Try out Spheros, Code-a-Pillars and a Micro:bit device with the help of step-by-step instructions and lots of on-site support. Learn simple block coding skills and check out the apps that make it all happen.
- Kasey Whalley |“Rewiring the Escape Room”| Giving students creative control of building an escape room can amplify the collaborative aspects of program planning. Using well-established tricks and creativity, while making curriculum connections, library staff can guide students to write the narrative, design clues, and host an engaging school library escape room for their peers.
- Salma Nakhuda | “Collaborative Learning Environments – Various Tech Tools” | Explore TL/ teacher collaboration (K-6) across different curriculum areas in the Library Makerspace. Special focus on developing design thinking; building global competencies; using high-tech and low-tech tools.
- Kristin Plue | Topher Stevens |“Learning Commons STEM Lab”| We will explore the creation of our new STEM Lab, including resources purchased, set up of the physical space, project ideas, and the development of a school-wide Amazing Race.
- James Steeves | “CoSpaces Edu” | Dream up and create your own virtual worlds using CoSpaces Edu, and bring them to life by coding with CoBlocks. The program is compatible with Google Cardboard and the Oculus Go, and can be combined with the Merge Cube to create holographic images! Don’t just dream … create with CoSpaces Edu!
The Gadget Zone
The Evolve Project is a collaborative platform that works with libraries around the world. We believe that libraries should be creating stories rather than just providing them.
We help libraries create maker spaces and fablabs along with the coaching and guidance to take their environments to the next level. Libraries are community anchors and they should be positioned to provide the resources and connections to allow patrons to build innovative works, discover new things, and interact with others. By partnering with start-ups that have interactive and engaging technologies and integrating those products into library environments; we start building towards a better tomorrow with our communities.
Learn more: The Evolve Project
Ontario Book Publishers Pavilion
27 Ontario-based Canadian-owned publishers can be found at the Ontario Book Publishers Pavilion this year! Make sure to come by frequently to meet the dozens of authors who will be giving away and signing books throughout the conference.
The Style Lounge
The Style Lounge is back! Open Thursday and Friday on the EXPO Floor, we’ll have professional hair stylists, makeup artists, and photographers onsite to give you a headshot that will make your selfie cower in shame. No appointments necessary. Fierce photo poses mandatory.